Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bell curves

Default How do I insert a bell curve into a word document?

How do I insert a bell curve into a word document?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert a bell curve into a word document?

Inserting a bell curve into a Word document can be done by following these steps:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document and click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu bar.
  2. Click on the "Chart" option in the "Illustrations" section of the menu.
  3. In the "Insert Chart" window that appears, select "Histogram" from the list of chart types on the left.
  4. Choose the style of histogram that you want to use for your bell curve. The "Clustered Column" style is a good option for a basic bell curve.
  5. Click on the "OK" button to insert the chart into your Word document.
  6. Once the chart is inserted, you can customize it by clicking on the chart and using the "Chart Tools" menu that appears at the top of the screen.
  7. To make the chart look more like a bell curve, you can adjust the data that is used to create the chart. For example, you can change the data range to include more data points or adjust the bin size to make the bars narrower.
  8. You can also add a trendline to the chart to show the overall shape of the curve more clearly. To do this, click on the chart and then click on the "Chart Elements" button that appears at the top right of the chart. Select "Trendline" from the list of options and choose the type of trendline that you want to use.
  9. Finally, you can format the chart to match the style of your document by using the "Chart Styles" and "Chart Layouts" options in the "Chart Tools" menu.

That's it! You should now have a bell curve chart inserted into your Word document that you can customize and format as needed.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?YmVsbCBjdXJ2ZXM=?=,

How do I insert a bell curve into a word document?

Insert/Object and choose MS Graph chart. Enter the data for
the curve in the data sheet. Change the chart type to a
Line graph and adjust the formatting.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)