Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andyjim Andyjim is offline

Default Stuck with Times New Roman in Outline view

I have something weird going on with Word 2000. I use outline view a lot, and
I like the automatic font formating with it. But suddenly, it's gone. The
font is Times New Roman, and it stays Times New Roman when I try to change
it. Nor does bold, italic or underline work. Nor can I change the font size.
That's weird enough, but it gets worse. The outline fonts (the different
fonts for different outline levels) now show up in Normal view. And if I go
through the motions of changing a font in outline view, no change occurs in
outline view, but when I go to Normal view, the font change shows up there.
Other outline functions - promote, demote, show level 1, level 2 and so forth
all work OK. This one's got me stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Outlining toolbar, there's a button with a plain A and a fancy one;
it's a toggle to show or hide formatting. I guess the theory is that when
you have formatting hidden, you can probably see more text and get a better
idea of the hierarchy.

"Andyjim" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andyjim Andyjim is offline

That's got it, Suzanne. It's easy when you know how! Guess I accidentally
hit that button somehow one day. Thanks.

Andy