Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Legal Style Numbering

Silly question, but when customizing auto-numbering in Word 2003, what
exactly is the check box for "Legal Style Numbering"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

I did and am not seeing any numbering difference. All I notice is that the
"Number style" box is grayed out unless I'm missing something else.

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
Silly question, but when customizing auto-numbering in Word 2003, what
exactly is the check box for "Legal Style Numbering"?

Try it and see, why don't you?

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Legal style numbering" forces Arabic numbers. Look at the built-in Article
I / Section 1.01 numbering scheme, where the option is being used for the
second numbering level.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
I did and am not seeing any numbering difference. All I notice is that the
"Number style" box is grayed out unless I'm missing something else.

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
Silly question, but when customizing auto-numbering in Word 2003, what
exactly is the check box for "Legal Style Numbering"?

Try it and see, why don't you?

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
news
Thank you Stefan

"Richard" wrote in message
I did and am not seeing any numbering difference. All I notice is that
the
"Number style" box is grayed out unless I'm missing something else.

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...