Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flusters flusters is offline

Default MS Word 2007 - Vertical alignment for individual label?

I am probably being incredibly stupid so could someone please tell me
what I should be doing.

I am trying to get used to MS Word 2007 after a long time with earlier
variations. I understand how to create and print a sheet of the same
or different labels - with complete control over formatting. However,
if I want to prepare an address label for a one-off letter, I cannot
see how to have any control over the vertical alignment of the address
on the label. If I right click in the Labels box, I can adjust only
the Font or the Paragraph. As a consequence, a four line address is
shown in the top left of a label, whereas in previous versions it was
left aligned but vertically centred regardless of whether it was 4,5
or 6 lines (which is how I want it).

I realise that I could copy the address to a sheet of labels - and
then format and print it there - but surely there must be a simpler
way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Using the information on the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's
website, you should be able to customize the short cut menu that appears
when you right click in the label so that it shows the Cell Alignment
command that is available when you right click on a table cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"flusters" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flusters flusters is offline

"flusters" wrote in message

[...]

way?- Hide quoted text -

Doug

Thanks very much but I cannot see which page of Greg Maxey's site you
are referring to

Flusters