Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David R. S. David R. S. is offline

Default Insert File Name

HELP!

I have MS Office Word 2007.

I want to insert the file name in the footer of the document so I don't keep
loosing the document in the may files we have at work. I have been hand
writing them but sometimes I forget and the files "magically disappear".

I can't find how to insert the file name in 2007. I know how in 97-2003....

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx
Scroll down to Start the Guide and click on the arrow. I keep this link on
my system for this kind of stuff. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"David R. S." wrote in message
HELP!

I have MS Office Word 2007.

I want to insert the file name in the footer of the document so I don't
keep
loosing the document in the may files we have at work. I have been hand
writing them but sometimes I forget and the files "magically disappear".

I can't find how to insert the file name in 2007. I know how in
97-2003....

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you use the New Document dialog box and search for "Filename and path"
you should be able to find a template I created for this purpose. Create a
new document based on the template and then follow the instructions provided
to copy them to your copy of Building Blocks.dotx so they can be used on any
document.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton