linee

Default Word - automatically correcting spacing and indenting

I find it VERY VERY annoying when I am using word to take notes or write an
essay, and it automatically corrects my space indentations (especially using
bullets and " - ") and word choice. 90% of the time, it is correcting
something that I did not wish to have corrected. This is supposed to
decrease my time, but in fact, it causes me to take even longer because I
have to fix all the incorrect corrections made. It also causes me to get
very stressed out and delays my studying/essay writing time even more becasue
I have to take breaks to calm myself down. I believe it is much easier to
allow the user to indent themselves, instead of having the computer "guess"
at how the user wants the indenting to look like.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

LC Killingbeck

"?B?bGluZWU=?=" wrote in
:

I find it VERY VERY annoying when I am using word to take notes or
write an essay, and it automatically corrects my space indentations
(especially using bullets and " - ") and word choice. 90% of the
time, it is correcting something that I did not wish to have
corrected. This is supposed to decrease my time, but in fact, it
causes me to take even longer because I have to fix all the incorrect
corrections made. It also causes me to get very stressed out and
delays my studying/essay writing time even more becasue I have to take
breaks to calm myself down. I believe it is much easier to allow the
user to indent themselves, instead of having the computer "guess" at
how the user wants the indenting to look like.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...spx?mid=80ea23
ac-9412-4113-b39d-46675b1be138&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you want, is already available to you! Just locate all of the
"auto-..." options you don't want, and disable them. Use a fixed-pitch
font (e.g., courier), and do your own enter/return at the end of each
line, and you can reduce the product down to the functionality of a
manual typewriter! Lest this is coming across as totally sarcastic, I'll
add that, when writing computer program code, this is exactly what I do,
including using spaces for indents rather than tabs.

Such a minor thing over which to get stressed out!

Lynn Killingbeck