Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

Default hyperlink table of contents

I have a Table of Contents set up in my document - with Word 2000, it
automatically hyperlinked to the areas of the document (using the right
titles etc). With Word 2003 it is no longer working. Can anyone tell me why
or how to change this??

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

While it might be helpful to understand why it's not working now, it's so
easy to create TOCs in Word that you might as well just create a new one.

Jim.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"Frustrated" wrote:

I have a Table of Contents set up in my document - with Word 2000, it
automatically hyperlinked to the areas of the document (using the right
titles etc). With Word 2003 it is no longer working. Can anyone tell me why
or how to change this??

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

Thanks for responding so quickly - I'm desperate for help. I have re-created
the TOC but it doesn't hyperlink to the areas in the document. Do you have
any idea how to make that happen??
Thanks Jim!

"Frustrated" wrote:

I have a Table of Contents set up in my document - with Word 2000, it
automatically hyperlinked to the areas of the document (using the right
titles etc). With Word 2003 it is no longer working. Can anyone tell me why
or how to change this??

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Unfort I don't have 2003. But I might suggest right-clicking on an entry and
clicking on "toggle field codes" to make sure that it is a hyperlink field.
I haven't heard of any issues with 2003 and generated TOCs, but I don't read
many of those posts anyway.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"Frustrated" wrote:

I have a Table of Contents set up in my document - with Word 2000, it
automatically hyperlinked to the areas of the document (using the right
titles etc). With Word 2003 it is no longer working. Can anyone tell me why
or how to change this??

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's still hyperlinked, but in Word 2002 and 2003, you have to Ctrl+click to
follow the links. If you have ScreenTips enabled, you should be seeing a
ScreenTip to this effect when you hover over any link. You can change this
behavior, if you choose, on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"Frustrated" wrote in message
I have a Table of Contents set up in my document - with Word 2000, it
automatically hyperlinked to the areas of the document (using the right
titles etc). With Word 2003 it is no longer working. Can anyone tell me

why
or how to change this??

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement