MM

Default Print Preview Problem

Using Word 2000, on certain docs, when I go to Print Preview, the text
disappears and when I print the doc the text does not show on the printed
page.

Margaret Aldis

Simplest explanation is that the text is "hidden". Does it come back when
you go back to Print Layout view? Does it disappear when you toggle off the
Show/Hide button?

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"MM" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, on certain docs, when I go to Print Preview, the text
disappears and when I print the doc the text does not show on the printed
page.

MM

Yes, the text returns when I go back to Print Layout. The Show/Hide button
has no effect.

"Margaret Aldis" wrote in
message ...

"MM" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, on certain docs, when I go to Print Preview, the text
disappears and when I print the doc the text does not show on the printed
page.

Anne Troy

Hi, MM. Hit Ctrl+A in your document. Then hit Format--Font and make sure
Hidden text is completely unchecked and not gray or anything. Then print
preview again.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"MM" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, on certain docs, when I go to Print Preview, the text
disappears and when I print the doc the text does not show on the

printed
page.

Margaret Aldis

OK, if Show/Hide has no effect it obviously isn't hidden text, but something
set not to print.

Have a look in Tools Options Print and make sure you have "Drawing
objects" checked. If you have text in text boxes, its printing will be
controlled by this setting.

While you are there, you could have a look at the other options and see if
it's something even more esoteric - for instance, "print data only for
forms" should be off.

Occasionally you get missing text because of a printer driver problem, so
you could also try selecting a different printer type (add a printer if you
need to) and if necessary visiting your printer manufacturer's web site for
updates.