Aspen

Default how do I keep my autocorrects from erasing?

Every time I close my word and re-open it my autocorrects that I have just
added are not there. I do not know why they keep erasing. I have tried with
all 3 macro security settings and this is not helping either. Any
suggestiongs? I was not having this problem until I changed to Office 2003

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:01:06 -0700, "Aspen"
wrote:

Every time I close my word and re-open it my autocorrects that I have just
added are not there. I do not know why they keep erasing. I have tried with
all 3 macro security settings and this is not helping either. Any
suggestiongs? I was not having this problem until I changed to Office 2003

Formatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in the Normal.dot template,
and unformatted entries are stored in .ACL files. Can you determine
whether the problem occurs with one type or the other, or both?

If it's the formatted ones, that indicates a problem in saving
Normal.dot. Lately the most common cause of this seems to be the
add-in from Adobe Acrobat 7.0, but it could also be that the file is
set to be read-only.

If it's the unformatted ones, you may have a corrupted .ACL file. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utocorrect.htm for
information about how to find it and -- once you fix the problem --
how to back up the entries.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Aspen

does that mean I have to uninstall Acrobat 7.0?

And its the autocorrect ones that you create yourself and add to autocorrect
to create shortcuts for yourself.. like if I wanted to type dog but I put in
the shortcut d,, as a shortcut for that word...

I have some of the autocorrects that I created which are there, though the
rest that I try to create recently are not there.

wrote:

[...]

Jay Freedman

No, you shouldn't have to uninstall all of Acrobat 7, just the add-in for
Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

[...]

See the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

And its the autocorrect ones that you create yourself and add to

autocorrect
to create shortcuts for yourself.. like if I wanted to type dog but I put

in

Obviously you don't understand the distinction between formatted and
unformatted AutoCorrect entries.

wrote:

[...]

Aspen

The thing is though that I had acrobat 7 and word installed at the same time.
Only some of my autocorrects are staying?

How do I uninstall the add-ins? I have checked out the other reply from
Suzanne and tried what it says to do, even installed what it said to install
and still it was not working..

wrote:

[...]

Aspen

I tried the 1st one and the other one I couldnt understand exactly. As for
the Hot key, I dont know where to find this

And as I said, it would make no sense how some of my autocorrects are there
but others arent?

wrote:

[...]

If some of your AutoCorrects are formatted and others aren't, only the
formatted ones (which are stored in Normal.dot) would not be saved.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What my reply said to do was to read the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm. Did you "try"

do that?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote:

[...]

Ordinary AutoCorrect entries do not include any formatting. They are stored
in .acl files and are used by Excel and other Office apps in addition to
Word. Formatted AutoCorrect entries are saved in Normal.dot and used only by
Word because they contain formatting information such as the font and font
size, bold or italic formatting, etc.