Allan

Default toolbar trouble

Hi.

Whenever I open a certain document, two toolbars appear that I have absolute
no use for, Control Toolbox and Exit design mode I believe they are called.
How can I convince Word not to open the document with these to floating
around?

Kind regards

Allan

Charles Kenyon

Don't put controls from the Controls Toolbox in your documents? Can you tell
us more about the "certain document?"
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Allan" wrote in message
Hi.

Whenever I open a certain document, two toolbars appear that I have
absolute no use for, Control Toolbox and Exit design mode I believe they
are called. How can I convince Word not to open the document with these to
floating around?

Kind regards

Allan

Jay Freedman

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:11:21 +0200, "Allan"
wrote:

Hi.

Whenever I open a certain document, two toolbars appear that I have absolute
no use for, Control Toolbox and Exit design mode I believe they are called.
How can I convince Word not to open the document with these to floating
around?

Kind regards

Allan

Those toolbars always appear when you open a document under these
conditions:

- The document contains one or more ActiveX controls from the Control
Toolbox and/or macro code that hasn't been digitally signed.

- The security level at Tools Macro Security is set to High or
Very High, so the control or code is silently disabled.

The usual solution is to set the security level to Medium. When you
open the document, a dialog will give you the choice of disabling or
enabling the macro. Click Enable to proceed without the toolbars.

If the document contains macro code you don't need, there are two
steps to "cleaning" it. First open the VBA editor and delete the
module containing the code. Second, save the document as an RTF file;
close it, reopen it, and save it again as a Word document. That resets
the flag that tells Word that there was once a macro in the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman