Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
binar01011 binar01011 is offline
Junior Member

Default "- Continued" text with Field Code?

Fellow Forum Members,
I have a 500 page Word 2007 document with a 10 page Table of Contents (TOC). For the first page of the TOC my Boss wants to see this for the first page of the TOC Title:

"TABLE OF CONTENTS"

However, for page 2 through 10 he wants to see this:

"TABLE OF CONTENTS - Continued"

My question to anyone out there. Can the "- Continued" text be generated by using a FIELD CODE that will be smart enough not show "- Continued" text in the first page of a TOC title but show it for all of the other pages that follow the first page?

Same thing for Table captions. Can a FIELD CODE be inserted at the end of the Table Caption for the first page of the Table, but then for the second page of the same table it automatically generates the "- Continued" text?

It would be nice if such a field code was already included has part of Word 2007, but I haven't been able to find one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.