Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GB[_2_] GB[_2_] is offline

Default Using Gmail

My wife uses Word and she uses Gmail (the web interface). Is there any
relatively simple way to let her email documents from Word using Gmail? I
don't fancy teaching her to use Outlook just for this one purpose.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GB[_2_] GB[_2_] is offline

GB wrote:
My wife uses Word and she uses Gmail (the web interface). Is there any
relatively simple way to let her email documents from Word using
Gmail? I don't fancy teaching her to use Outlook just for this one
purpose.

Just noticed something on the Gmail site called GMail Notifier. If I install
that, will it do the job?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

No. You need to use Windows Mail (or Outlook Express or Outlook) as your
default email editor and set it up to automatically collect (synchronise)
GMAIL email (which Google explains how to do). Then you can email directly
from Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"GB" wrote in message
GB wrote:
My wife uses Word and she uses Gmail (the web interface). Is there any
relatively simple way to let her email documents from Word using
Gmail? I don't fancy teaching her to use Outlook just for this one
purpose.

Just noticed something on the Gmail site called GMail Notifier. If I
install that, will it do the job?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

All the Notifier does is to allow you to tell if you have new mail with an
icon in your system tray.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GB" wrote in message
GB wrote:
My wife uses Word and she uses Gmail (the web interface). Is there any
relatively simple way to let her email documents from Word using
Gmail? I don't fancy teaching her to use Outlook just for this one
purpose.

Just noticed something on the Gmail site called GMail Notifier. If I
install that, will it do the job?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"GB" wrote in message
My wife uses Word and she uses Gmail (the web interface). Is there any
relatively simple way to let her email documents from Word using Gmail? I
don't fancy teaching her to use Outlook just for this one purpose.

Don't have to use Outlook - Mozilla Thunderbird will read and send GMail, as
will Outlook Express/Windows Mail...all of which are not as complicated as
Outlook....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Gordon

Can you send directly from Word if you use Thunderbird as your default mail
client?

Terry

"Gordon" wrote in message
"GB" wrote in message
My wife uses Word and she uses Gmail (the web interface). Is there any
relatively simple way to let her email documents from Word using Gmail? I
don't fancy teaching her to use Outlook just for this one purpose.

Don't have to use Outlook - Mozilla Thunderbird will read and send GMail,
as will Outlook Express/Windows Mail...all of which are not as complicated
as Outlook....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Gordon

Can you send directly from Word if you use Thunderbird as your default
mail client?

Yes. This came up recently, and I tried it and the answer is definitely yes.
(Word 2007, Thunderbird 2.0.0.18, both on Vista Home Premium SP1).
Apparently Thunderbird uses Simple MAPI, which I gather WM does not....