Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LynchburgRecord LynchburgRecord is offline

Default What doe these Microsoft Equation Symbols mean?

Please view the attached jpg screen capture of these symbols from the
equation editor in Word 2010. I am not sure what these symbols mean. Does
anyone know?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_4Fz7Um3aXFY/S6...Wo/Capture.JPG

Also, is there a more appropriate place for this question?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know about the one on the left, but the one on the right looks like
a square bracket [ followed by an opening parenthesis ( that is [(

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"LynchburgRecord" wrote in
message ...
Please view the attached jpg screen capture of these symbols from the
equation editor in Word 2010. I am not sure what these symbols mean.
Does
anyone know?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_4Fz7Um3aXFY/S6...Wo/Capture.JPG

Also, is there a more appropriate place for this question?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should probably ask your calculus teacher.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_4Fz7Um3aXFY/S6...Qs/N3ETjyan4Wo...

Also, is there a more appropriate place for this question?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

The first symbol is a 'medium shade'. The second symbol is a 'white
lenticular bracket'.

What you are seeing is the 'linear input' of an integral. The 'medium shade'
indicates that what follows after it, is the integrand. 'lenticular
brackets' are used to indicate that the part between the brackets should be
considered as one part without the need for showing surrounding brackets.

I only have Word 2007, but the following should be similar in Word 2010.
Select the little blue arrow on the box surrouding the equation. For the
menu, choose "Professional". The resulting display will look like how
integrals look according to what they teach you in school.

Yves

"LynchburgRecord" wrote in
message ...