Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Default Printed forms

I know that I have seen questions about this in the past but I am really in
need of help. I need to print copies of architect's instructions and
certificates. As several copies are needed, I tried to set up a form in Word
which I can fill in and then print onto the official hard copies.

Having recently changed to a new printer, I have discovered that what I had
set up no longer works - I thought I could perhaps 'tweak' a few lines but
this doesn't work (I have to admit it wasn't perfect before!).

Can anyone help me please - I am getting through so much paper trying out
various settings that I shall run out soon!

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

Create a form template using table cells with fixed dimensions, in
order to position text exactly. See:

I'm designing a form that needs to have "fill-in-the-blanks" lines.
What is the best way to create them?
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm

Alternatively, depending on the complexity of the hard copy to print
on, it might be sufficient to use fixed line spacing (Format |
Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab: set line spacing to "Exactly" and
specify the appropriate amount) and tab stops to position document
content.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ab" wrote in message ...
I know that I have seen questions about this in the past but I am

really in
need of help. I need to print copies of architect's instructions and
certificates. As several copies are needed, I tried to set up a form

in Word
which I can fill in and then print onto the official hard copies.

Having recently changed to a new printer, I have discovered that

what I had
set up no longer works - I thought I could perhaps 'tweak' a few

lines but
this doesn't work (I have to admit it wasn't perfect before!).

Can anyone help me please - I am getting through so much paper

trying out
various settings that I shall run out soon!

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Such jobs always entail a lot of trial and error and are not really worth
doing for a one-off. Though if you scan the form and insert it full size as
a background image, you can build a table over the fields and construct a
form.

If this is a regular task, you should think about different software - ABBYY
Finereader (some versions) includes an excellent form filling module that
makes this type of task straightforward.

ab wrote:
I know that I have seen questions about this in the past but I am
really in need of help. I need to print copies of architect's
instructions and certificates. As several copies are needed, I tried
to set up a form in Word which I can fill in and then print onto the
official hard copies.
Having recently changed to a new printer, I have discovered that what
I had set up no longer works - I thought I could perhaps 'tweak' a
few lines but this doesn't work (I have to admit it wasn't perfect
before!).
Can anyone help me please - I am getting through so much paper trying
out various settings that I shall run out soon!

TIA

Forms Development in Word Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 2 February 1st 06 05:36 PM
Printed forms oe New Users 3 January 21st 06 05:57 PM
printing only forms Kagiso Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 04:32 PM
Printed forms oe New Users 2 November 28th 05 06:57 AM
Printed forms Guilherme Soares Microsoft Word Help 3 March 27th 05 11:43 PM