WordUser1

Default How do I hide reviewers in track changes?

Confidentiality is essential, so how do I hide/remove reviewer names in track
changes?
NoSunHere

"WordUser1" wrote:

Confidentiality is essential, so how do I hide/remove reviewer names in track
changes?

Cut and paste this link into your browser:

Office 2003/XP Add-in: Remove Hidden Data is a download offered by Microsoft

Beth Melton

You can't hide the Reviewer names and also keep the changes. The names
of the Reviewers are stored in un-editable binary. Prior to adding the
revisions you could have gone to Tools/Options/User Information and
changed the User Information if you needed to keep the Reviewer names
confidential.

All you can do at this point is to accept/reject the changes in order
to remove the Reviewer names.

If you want to remove tracked changes for only some of the Reviewers
then on the Reviewing toolbar use the Show menu and show only those
Reviewers whose changes you want to remove. Then open the "Accept
Change" drop down on the Reviewing toolbar and use the "Accept All
Changes Shown" command. If you want to reject their revisions then use
the "Reject Change" drop down.

If you want to remove all tracked changes then use the "Accept All
Changes in Document" or "Reject All Changes in Document" command.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/