Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Strickland Tina Strickland is offline

Default Turn off reveal formatting flashing toolbar

There is a small angle shaped toolbar that keeps appearing and disappearing
on the upper left hand corner of my document ( I have Outlook 2002 SP3).
When this thing appears I also get an hourglass, and if I am typing it
disrupts me and sometimes it skips a word. This is very annoying, can anyone
tell me how to turn it off and no it is not the show/hide formatting symbol!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?VGluYSBTdHJpY2tsYW5k?=,

There is a small angle shaped toolbar that keeps appearing and disappearing
on the upper left hand corner of my document ( I have Outlook 2002 SP3).
When this thing appears I also get an hourglass, and if I am typing it
disrupts me and sometimes it skips a word. This is very annoying, can anyone
tell me how to turn it off and no it is not the show/hide formatting symbol!

It's very difficult to be sure what it is you're seeing. I'm guessing this may
be some kind of Add-in. This is happening when you're typing emails, since you
mention Outlook?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Strickland Tina Strickland is offline

Thank you for replying. I think this new feature came about with an update a
couple of weeks ago ( I have auto update turned on). If I could attach a
picture maybe I can screen print it to show you. It only flashes briefly in
the upper left had corner of the page you are typing on, in Outlook of
course. Then an hour glass appears for a second or two then it disappears.
Can I email you a screenprint?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VGluYSBTdHJpY2tsYW5k?=,

There is a small angle shaped toolbar that keeps appearing and disappearing
on the upper left hand corner of my document ( I have Outlook 2002 SP3).
When this thing appears I also get an hourglass, and if I am typing it
disrupts me and sometimes it skips a word. This is very annoying, can anyone
tell me how to turn it off and no it is not the show/hide formatting symbol!

It's very difficult to be sure what it is you're seeing. I'm guessing this may
be some kind of Add-in. This is happening when you're typing emails, since you
mention Outlook?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?VGluYSBTdHJpY2tsYW5k?=,

Thank you for replying. I think this new feature came about with an update a
couple of weeks ago ( I have auto update turned on). If I could attach a
picture maybe I can screen print it to show you. It only flashes briefly in
the upper left had corner of the page you are typing on, in Outlook of
course. Then an hour glass appears for a second or two then it disappears.
Can I email you a screenprint?

No, thank you...

If you're seeing this when using Outlook, then you need to ask in an OUTLOOK
newsgroup, not one for Word.