Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cyberdude cyberdude is offline

Default Big trouble with my Mail Merged document

Hi,

My boss gave me a document using mail merge. It is a headache to me
now.
The document calls a file holding the field data when it is opened.
The field data are simple ones which are, for example, name, address
and telephone number of a person.
So, when I open the main document, it displays the following message:

Opening the document will run the following SQL command:

SELECT * FROM \\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx/doc

Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you
want to continue?

I would like to know how I can change the path to another one?
Thanks.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mike,

You didn't mention the version of Word you're using, but if you have the matching file (i.e. same field names) located in another
location or list, you can answer no to the question.

Then you can attach the data file you wish to use.

If you are in Word 2007, you can use
Mailings=Select Recipients

If you are in Word 2003 you can use
View=Toolbars=Mailmerge
then on that toolbar the 'Open Data Source' button.

Save As to create a new named version of your main document.
==============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to know how to avoid seeing that message, see the Knowledge Base
Article at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps.