Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindy lindy is offline

Default Two decimals using AutoSum

I have a table in a Word 2003 document. I want to add a column of figures
using AutoSum in the bottom cell of this column but the total will not
default to two decimal places if there are zeros in the amounts I want to add.
e.g.
31.20
11.70

AutoSum answer defaults to 42.9 when I need 42.90. I've searched to see if
the total cell in the table can be formatted to two decimal places but had no
luck.

Lindy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Press ALT+F9 and modify the field as follows
{ =SUM(ABOVE) \# ",0.00"}
then Update the field F9 and ALT+F9 to toggle the result.

Lindy wrote:
I have a table in a Word 2003 document. I want to add a column of
figures using AutoSum in the bottom cell of this column but the total
will not default to two decimal places if there are zeros in the
amounts I want to add. e.g.
31.20
11.70

AutoSum answer defaults to 42.9 when I need 42.90. I've searched to
see if the total cell in the table can be formatted to two decimal
places but had no luck.

Lindy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindy lindy is offline

It worked! Thank you so much, I have been stumped by this for 2 days. I
truly appreciate your help.

Is there any way to protect this formula cell from being wrecked by another
user of my table? I know I can protect such a cell in Excel but I have to
use Word for this particular document.

Lindy

Lindy wrote:
I have a table in a Word 2003 document. I want to add a column of
figures using AutoSum in the bottom cell of this column but the total
will not default to two decimal places if there are zeros in the
amounts I want to add. e.g.
31.20
11.70

AutoSum answer defaults to 42.9 when I need 42.90. I've searched to
see if the total cell in the table can be formatted to two decimal
places but had no luck.

Lindy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Lindy wrote:
It worked! Thank you so much, I have been stumped by this for 2
days. I truly appreciate your help.

You are welcome

Is there any way to protect this formula cell from being wrecked by
another user of my table? I know I can protect such a cell in Excel
but I have to use Word for this particular document.

Only if you protect the document for forms but that rather restricts your
other options.
You could always save the field as an autotext / autocorrect entry for ease
of re-insertion.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindy lindy is offline

Thanks once again, Graham. I've made an AutoText entry as advised. I did
find that Shft+F9 was my toggle switch. I am so pleased that I've finally got
this document sorted out. I can now go to bed. It's 3:45am here in Australia.
You are wonderful.

Lindy

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Lindy wrote:
It worked! Thank you so much, I have been stumped by this for 2
days. I truly appreciate your help.

You are welcome

Is there any way to protect this formula cell from being wrecked by
another user of my table? I know I can protect such a cell in Excel
but I have to use Word for this particular document.

Only if you protect the document for forms but that rather restricts your
other options.
You could always save the field as an autotext / autocorrect entry for ease
of re-insertion.

Where is the Autosum button.... Sheila D Tables 3 November 21st 07 02:53 PM
Missing AutoSum Magzelliott48 Tables 1 October 10th 07 11:07 PM
autosum alexm Tables 8 February 8th 07 04:53 AM
Autosum in a simple table Marcel Vreuls Tables 2 May 31st 06 05:15 PM
how can I use autosum in a WORD table with blank cells Jennifer from DPI Tables 4 November 11th 04 07:30 AM