Becky N

Default Merge Labels using Outlook

I have set up a form file in Microsoft Word With FName LName & Address. After
each label I have Next record. When I Merge this form file with Outlook
Contacts (I initiate it from Outlook) It always cuts off the last two names
on each page. The whole merge comes out to be about 50 pages & so there are
aproximately 100 names cut off by the end that I have to go through and find.
Is there a way to fix that?
Doug Robbins

You need to have the Next Record field BEFORE the first merge field in
each label on the sheet EXCEPT for the first label which must have no Next
Record field.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Becky N" Becky wrote in message
I have set up a form file in Microsoft Word With FName LName & Address.
After
each label I have Next record. When I Merge this form file with Outlook
Contacts (I initiate it from Outlook) It always cuts off the last two
names
on each page. The whole merge comes out to be about 50 pages & so there
are
aproximately 100 names cut off by the end that I have to go through and
find.
Is there a way to fix that?

Becky N

So instead of putting "Next Record" after zip code on a label, I would put it
above their name, is that correct? Thank you soooooo much Doug you have been
very helpful. I am going to try that. :O)

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You need to have the Next Record field BEFORE the first merge field in
each label on the sheet EXCEPT for the first label which must have no Next
Record field.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Becky N" Becky wrote in message
I have set up a form file in Microsoft Word With FName LName & Address.
After
each label I have Next record. When I Merge this form file with Outlook
Contacts (I initiate it from Outlook) It always cuts off the last two
names
on each page. The whole merge comes out to be about 50 pages & so there
are
aproximately 100 names cut off by the end that I have to go through and
find.
Is there a way to fix that?

Graham Mayor

With recent Word versions (2002/3) propagating the labels will insert the
NEXT fields for you in their correct position -

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You need to have the Next Record field BEFORE the first merge
field in each label on the sheet EXCEPT for the first label which
must have no Next Record field.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on
a paid consulting basis.