Don

Default My bullet number automatically changes colour

My bullet number automatically changes colour when i change the text that the
number relates to, how can I stop this
Thanks
Don
Genine

You probably have automatically update style set on the bullet style you're
using.

You don't say which version of Word you're using, but in Word XP/2003 go to
Format Styles & Formatting to display the styles & formatting task pane.
Click in the paragraph where you have the problem.
RIght click on the box at the top of the task pane and choose modify. Make
sure that there is no tick in automatically update.

If you are using Word 2000, click in the paragraph and go to Format Style.
Make sure there's no tick in automatically update.
Genine

"Don" wrote:

My bullet number automatically changes colour when i change the text that the
number relates to, how can I stop this
Thanks
Don

Margaret Aldis

You'll need to set the colour of the bullet in its bullet and numbering
format, as an explicit font setting.

I suggest you *don't* do this by trying to customize the default bullet
format, if that's what you have applied. Instead, modify the List Bullet
style and apply that. See

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.word.mvps.org/

"Don" wrote in message
My bullet number automatically changes colour when i change the text that

the
number relates to, how can I stop this
Thanks
Don

Don

Genine

I am using Word 2000 and the information next to the bullet (number) is a
hyperlink if that makes any difference. I removed the hyperlink in one of the
cases so that I could check in FormatStyleModify and the automatic update
was not checked

Any ideas

Don

"Don" wrote:

My bullet number automatically changes colour when i change the text that the
number relates to, how can I stop this
Thanks
Don

Genine

If your bullet is a hyperlink, then it will change colour once the hyperlink
has been clicked on.
The only way out of that one is to change the hyperlink and followed
hyperlink character styles so they are the same colour.