Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laurie Laurie is offline

Default Why can't I insert a picture from file?

I have never had a problem inserting a picture into any documents or Outlook,
but all the sudden instead of opening up a window to choose a file from
nothing happens and then a get a "ping" sound and can't do anything else on
the page. I can hit the escape button and be able to work in the document or
finish my Outlook message, but I still can't insert a picture. This is what
I do to insert a picture...
Click on Insert, then click on Picture, the I choose From File in the drop
down list, and this is where nothing else happens and I can't do anything
else in the document until I hit the escape key.

I have inserted many, many pictures From File in the past both (and mostly)
in Outlook and Word. I just got a new computer adn now have Vista. However,
I have been able to insert with Vista as a matter of fact I had just sent an
email with two inserted "From File" pictures 15 minutes earlier. The only
thing that happened in those 15 minutes was that I shut my computer down but
then I started it about 10 minutes later. Everything seemed as it always had.

Thanks for any and help with this issue,

Laurie
PS I have tried restarting my computer at least twice.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Please don't multi to post to different newsgroups - especially as this is
an OUTLOOK question you are posting across Word Newsgroups.

Please see my other answer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP