Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cappy54

Default Chang Default Tab to 0.25 in all new docs

In MS Word 2002 SP3 default tab is 0.50in. (and all previous versions).

I use 0.25in for the default tab. It makes the documents look a lot cleaner.

However, trying to save the default into the Gloabal or Normal template does
NOT work. I have also tried saving as new Normal.dot, etc and nothing seems
to work.

Does anyone know a fix for this? i.e When opening new doc, have the default
tab set to 0.25in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To change the default tab interval, you will need to open Normal.dot and
edit it directly. For instructions on finding and opening Normal.dot, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm. When it is open,
go to Format | Tabs, change the default tab stop setting, and OK. Save
Normal.dot. Although it should be possible to save the default tab interval
this way, a better approach is to set specific tab stops (and indents) in
your styles as required.