Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
talderman

Default inserting files into a main document?

I'm working with word 2000. I have a number of word files with different
page setups and the tabs are indented differently. What I would like to do
is take each individual file and insert them into one main document. I can't
just copy and paste because of the different page setups. How can I get the
pages of the original files to insert identically into the new document.
--
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not quite sure what you mean by "identically". So that they all look
identical in the document into which you insert them or so that they are
identical to the source?

For the former, insert a carriage return at the end of each documnet and
select evering EXCEPT the last paragraph mark and copy and paste.

For the latter, insert a Continuous Section Break into the target document
just before where you want to insert the file, and insert a Continuous
Section Break at the end of the file that you want to insert and then select
everything including that Section Break and copy and paste it into the
target document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.