APerlstein

Default How do I print in white color on black paper?

When I change the font color to white and select print, I get nothing printed
on my black paper. Please advise.

Unless your printer contains white ink, you can't really print in white.
Word creates white text by creating a black or colored background on white
paper and reversing the text out of it.

"APerlstein" wrote in message
When I change the font color to white and select print, I get nothing

printed
on my black paper. Please advise.

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:37:03 -0700, "APerlstein"
wrote:

When I change the font color to white and select print, I get nothing printed
on my black paper. Please advise.

It's fascinating how often this question is asked. A search of Google
Groups for "white ink" turned up about 15 threads in the last year and
a half. Here's a sample:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b94e727c1a3f7b

The answer, of course, is that it's impossible with just about every
inkjet and laser printer on the market, because there is no source of
white ink or toner -- and if there were, it would quickly become gray
as it mixed with the other colors.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

Completely give up the idea of printing anything on black paper -- no
ink or toner you can use in your printer will have enough contrast to
show up.

Use plain white paper. In Word, set the paragraph's background color
to black and set the font color to Automatic. When you print, the
background will print black and the letters will remain white (that
is, clear of ink, with the paper showing through).

If you're trying to print an entire page of black background on an
inkjet, though, it will use up tons of ink and probably soak the
paper. I hope you don't have a lot of pages to print!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless your printer contains white ink, you can't really print in white.
Word creates white text by creating a black or colored background on white
paper and reversing the text out of it.

"APerlstein" wrote in message
When I change the font color to white and select print, I get nothing

printed
on my black paper. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarkC

You guys are killing me with this- my pants are wet from laughing so hard.

Here's a hint:

DON'T USE MICROSOFT APPLICATIONS FOR THIS!

Get Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator, etc. Start by making a black box, make
a text box atop your black box, define your text color as white, and then
print your creation on WHITE paper.

You are NOT printing white text- you are printing the black areas AROUND the
text!

MC-

"APerlstein" wrote:

When I change the font color to white and select print, I get nothing printed
on my black paper. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

And Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can achieve the same effect in Word.

so
all may benefit.