Jeff D

Default How do I make page breaks show up when publishing a Word doc as a.

I have a multi page document that I want to put on my website, but I need the
page breaks to appear online (like the Print Layout view looks in Word). Can
this be done?

Thanks a lot!
Jeff

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jeff,

It depends on what you need from the page breaks.
If you want people to view each page of your document
file separately then you can use the technique here
to create a completely separate webpage for each 'page'
of your document and link them with hyperlinks.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;306348&FR=1
You can also publish your original Word document (which
will be a single webpage) and link to it from any of
the separate pages so that visitors can read/print a
single scrollable document.

If it's okay to have it appear on the screen as a
scrollable document, but you want to have the page breaks
for printing in particular spots you can use ctrl+enter
in your document in Word then use File=Save as Web Page
and your browser (at least in IE 6) should honor those
breaks when printing (Check in your browser in
File=Print Preview).

======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

If it's okay to have it appear on the screen as a
scrollable document, but you want to have the page breaks
for printing in particular spots you can use ctrl+enter
in your document in Word then use File=Save as Web Page
and your browser (at least in IE 6) should honor those
breaks when printing (Check in your browser in
File=Print Preview).

Can you do something like this in FrontPage as well? That would be handy.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"Jeff D" wrote in message

I have a multi page document that I want to put on my website, but I need

the
page breaks to appear online (like the Print Layout view looks in Word).

Can
this be done?

Thanks a lot!
Jeff
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Suzanne,

Yes. You can use XHTML or add a CSS2
(Style sheet) "page-break-before..." attribute

to a specific style that would cause the pages
to break on printing for each H1 occurence for
example,

style
H1 { PAGE-BREAK-BEFO always }
/style

or as Word is doing with ctrl+enter

br clear=all style='page-break-befoalways'
or
P style="page-break-after: always"

is an extended option from Frontpage's
Insert=Break=Clear both margins.

It depends on how 'fancy' you need to get.
There are scripts that can do a page break in
a table, for example after every 'n' records or
rows.

======