Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donnaw

Default How do I remove highlighting in the merge field on a mail merge?

I am creating a mail merge and for some reason the merge fields are
highligted in blue on most of the fields. Not all of them. I thought it would
disappear when I merged the document but it's still there. I have merged
documents before and this has never happened. Your help would greatly be
appreciated. MS Word 2003 version.
Thanks,
Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Are you sure that you have really executed the merge? What do you see if
you press Alt+F9? If then you see { MERGEFIELD [fieldname] } then you have
not executed the merge, but are just previewing the results.

Best thing to do is select Toolbars from the View menu and check the Mail
Merge toolbar item and then use the buttons on the right hand end of the
Mail Merge toolbar to execute the merge to the desired destination.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP