Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Unable to Save

Using Word 2003 in a 2000 environment Word will not save a document using
File|save or the save icon. The only way to save a document is to File|Close
and it will ask you if you want to save. I've done a detect and repair with
no luck.

Thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does it work if Word is started in safe mode? Press Ctrl as Word is opening,
then click Yes to starting in Safe Mode. If starting in safe mode "fixes"
the problem, the cause usually is a corrupted normal.dot or a corrupted
registry entry (usually the Data key). Consult the following (the title
notwithstanding) for additional information on troubleshooting and fixing
this and related issues:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Richard" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 in a 2000 environment Word will not save a document using
File|save or the save icon. The only way to save a document is to
File|Close
and it will ask you if you want to save. I've done a detect and repair
with
no luck.

Thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Thanks Herb, regrettably I neglected to mention that I did delete the
normal.dot template and had Word recreate it with no luck. I'll check out
the website that you mentioned.