Suzi

Default Error Message on Opening Word

I had a program installed that integrated with my other programs, including
Word. I uninstalled that software because it was messing up the computer
with error messages. Now the program is gone, but every time I open MSWord
or any document in that program I get an error message "Cannot create
PLMSWord. PL Word Error = -2147024770 Automation error. The specified module
could not be found." This is a module from the program that was uninstalled.
How can I reconfigure Word to make the error message go away? It also comes
up when I close the document or Word program and I have to click on the "x"
to close the screen twice to get the program to close.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Most likely the uninstall left an add-in in Word's Startup folder. Look at
Tools | Templates and Add-ins and see if there is something listed that
looks like it might belong to PLMSWord. If so, note that unchecking it will
just unload it from the current Word session; it won't cure the problem. To
do that, you have to actually move or delete the file from Word's Startup
folder. Find the path to the Startup folder on the File Locations tab of
Tools | Options.

"Suzi" wrote in message
I had a program installed that integrated with my other programs,

including
Word. I uninstalled that software because it was messing up the computer
with error messages. Now the program is gone, but every time I open

MSWord
or any document in that program I get an error message "Cannot create
PLMSWord. PL Word Error = -2147024770 Automation error. The specified

module
could not be found." This is a module from the program that was

uninstalled.
How can I reconfigure Word to make the error message go away? It also

comes
up when I close the document or Word program and I have to click on the

"x"
to close the screen twice to get the program to close.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Sound like some addin is causing problems. Check out this TechTrax
article to see if it helps solve your problem or at least provide
insight...

Add-ins...One of Word's Most Common Problems

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine