Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leaha

Default why has the ctrl-b or bold button stopped working?

I cannot change my font to bold using the B button in the top bar in Word.
Also the shortcut CTRL b does not work. I have gone to options and set CTRL b
for bold, but it still does not work. The only way to bold is through menu,
which is time consuming. I could do it before, but not now. CTRL u for
underline and CTRL i for italics work as well as their buttons. Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi leaha,

Any ideas I got are (in this order):

- delete Normal.dot;
- the option in the Help-menu that says something like 'Analysis and
recovery...' (I'm using a Dutch version of Word in which the option reads
'Analyse en herstel...');
- reinstall Word.

For inexplicable behavior like this, these three are always the first ones
to try.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: Werkt deze oplossing voor jou en log je in via de Microsoft site, klik
dan svp even op Yes bij "Did this post answer the question?". Bedankt.

"leaha" wrote:

I cannot change my font to bold using the B button in the top bar in Word.
Also the shortcut CTRL b does not work. I have gone to options and set CTRL b
for bold, but it still does not work. The only way to bold is through menu,
which is time consuming. I could do it before, but not now. CTRL u for
underline and CTRL i for italics work as well as their buttons. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Oops... I left my Dutch PS.

PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".
Thanks.

That's what I meant.