Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
acyan87 acyan87 is offline

Default Lost document and cookies

Hi I've got an interesting problem. I opened (but did not download) a
document from my e-mail which I then made some changes and saved repeatedly
using crtl-S. However for some reason my computer did not even read it as
existing. I accidentally exited out of the program when I was trying to do a
"save as". It didn't even ask if I was sure I wanted to exit. I decided to
look around and found that in my cookies, there was a file that said:
/

When I clicked on it to open it, it would only take me to Notepad and there
was this:
_DetectCookiesYoffice.microsoft.com/1024374619097630616169269990494429881311*

Not quite sure what that means. I think it's my document, but I was
wondering if there was a way to retrieve my document somewhere.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

There are instructions for what to do if you saved an attached document but
never changed the directory. There are no guarantees you will find it.

It is in a hidden folder under the temporary internet files. Usually
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp (or a subfolder of
that folder)

You can find the document and folder by opening the original attachment
directly from the e-mail and then select File, Save as... It will
automatically go to the folder where the other file is saved.
Start right-clicking on files inside that dialog box and select Open. You
may have to look at a couple of files before you find the right one. Once
you do - save it in an easier to find directory.

Like I said though, no guarantees.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"acyan87" wrote in message
[...]

Word not passing cookies when using CTRL+Click Nicholson89 Microsoft Word Help 0 September 7th 07 05:04 PM
Understanding Cookies PT New Users 14 August 7th 07 12:15 PM
RECOVER DELETED COOKIES ANNEMARIEPC Microsoft Word Help 3 October 18th 06 11:13 PM
Cookies? Dale Microsoft Word Help 3 July 4th 05 10:04 PM
lost unsaved data from word 2002 is it lost permenantly? pearl Microsoft Word Help 2 February 5th 05 06:02 AM