Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EllenD EllenD is offline

Default How do I change Word 2007 from double spacing to single spacing?

Can't get this to work...where to find how to change from double spacing to
single spacing in Word 2007? Please advise...email me at
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you talking about double spacing within paragraphs or between?

Try this:

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.

Click the Manage Styles button (near the bottom of the Styles panel).

Click the Set Defaults tab.

For single spacing between paragraphs, set Paragraph Spacing After: to 0
instead of 10.

Spacing within a paragraph is set by Line spacing:. Note that the default is
1.15, which isn't double. You can set it to Single if desired, but it won't
make that much difference.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"EllenD" wrote in message
Can't get this to work...where to find how to change from double spacing
single spacing in Word 2007? Please advise...email me at
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EllenD EllenD is offline

Default How do I change Word 2007 from double spacing to single spacin

I don't understand the Ctrl+Alt+shift+S ...where do you do this? Yes this is
what I am asking about. Now that you told me how to change it, how do I make
it stick as the default? Thanks

"EllenD" wrote in message
Can't get this to work...where to find how to change from double spacing
single spacing in Word 2007? Please advise...email me at
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S is like pressing Ctrl+S, but you're holding the Ctrl and
Alt keys down, too. I.e., hold down Ctrl Alt and Shift at the same time, and
press the S key.

Alternatively, in the Home tab in the ribbon, in the Styles section, click
the arrow in the bottom right corner (that's the Styles launcher).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com