Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dana

Default How do I turn on personalized toolbars?

this is for an assignment. that's pretty much all it says to do...but i can't
figure out where it's supposed to be turned on. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

By "personalized," I suspect you mean "adaptive." The wording of the options
to use or not use adaptive menus and toolbars varies from one version to
another, but the check boxes will be found on the Options tab of Tools |
Customize.

"Dana" wrote in message
this is for an assignment. that's pretty much all it says to do...but i

can't
figure out where it's supposed to be turned on. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

Since you're up front about it being an assignment, here are a couple of
suggestions:

If a "Personalized' (i.e., Custom) Toolbar has been created it can be turned
On/Off just like any other toolbar in several different ways, such as
ViewToolbars.

If the toolbar needs to be created, choose Customize... from that same menu,
which takes you to where you can do the 'personalization' by modifying a
built-in toolbar (*not* recommended, BTW) or by creating Custom Toolbars of
your own.

In the future, you might consider using the appropriate program's Help to
answer such questions. You'll find most everything you need there.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones