Shelly

Default Normal.dot

I have two employees who recently received new computers with Windows XP.
They are now continually having problems with the error message Normal.dot.
If they say no to changing the Global Templete the get into a loop they
cannot get out of and even if they say yes they have problems. What could be
going on?
garfield-n-odie

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

Shelly wrote:

I have two employees who recently received new computers with Windows XP.
They are now continually having problems with the error message Normal.dot.
If they say no to changing the Global Templete the get into a loop they
cannot get out of and even if they say yes they have problems. What could be
going on?

garfield-n-odie

Well, excuuuuuse meeeee, but I can't see your screen from here,
so I have no way of knowing what versions of Word or Winfax you
have. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto
or http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ , and search for the exact
error message(s) you're getting.

Shelly wrote:

I have two employees who recently received new computers with Windows XP.
They are now continually having problems with the error message Normal.dot.
If they say no to changing the Global Templete the get into a loop they
cannot get out of and even if they say yes they have problems. What could be
going on?

Graham Mayor

Wfwrd2k2.dot was intended for Word 2000. It does not appear to work
correctly with later versions of Word and should be removed. You can still
use fax by printing to the fax driver - see
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm