Page Layout for Page Numbers

Old December 8th 04, 10:49 PM
DL Freedman

Default Page Layout for Page Numbers

In a document with both landscape and portrait pages, I want to have the page
numbers appear only on the bottom of the pages as if they were all portrait
(i.e., along the 8.5" border). However, when I insert page numbers into the
document, the page numbers appear on the landscape pages along the 11"
border, not along the 8.5" border, and they are oriented incorrectly. The
page numbers on the portrait pages are in the correct location and are
oriented correctly.

I have solved this problem in the past by either rotating the landscaped
figures and tables so everything is in the document is portrait, but this
makes it difficult to view these pages on the monitor. I have also fixed it
by manually covering up the page numbers on the landscape pages using a
drawing tool and then using a text box to put properly rotated page numbers
on the those pages. That's OK when there are just a few landscape pages, but
I'm working with a document right now that has more than 50.

Isn't there a formatting fix to this problem? Thanks