Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
a friend in need

Default how can i insert footenote in row format not column?

would anyone let me know howi can possibly insert footenote in row format not
column?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You can click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar to display
paragraph marks (¶) for footnotes and then format them as "Hidden".
But note that it doesn't work very well; for one thing, Word allocates
vertical space for footnotes as if they were all in separate
paragraphs, anyway. Use Print Preview to see how it looks.

On the other hand, if the problem is that you get footnotes in column
format because the main body has column format, there isn't much you
can do. If some sections have a different number of footnotes, you may
be able to use the workaround described in this article:

I have a footnote reference in a column, and I want the footnote to
span both columns. Is this possible?
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...panColumns.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"a friend in need" wrote in message
would anyone let me know howi can possibly insert footenote in row
format not
column?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
If some sections have a different number of footnotes,

~~~~~~~~~

Of course I meant *columns* (not footnotes).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP