Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jbuenger jbuenger is offline

Default Word Unexpectedly Closes

I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message "Microsoft
Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until I manually close out of
word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the problem
reoccurs.

Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you also checkout
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm which covers
all the common causes of Word crashes?

jbuenger wrote:
I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message
"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until I
manually close out of word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the
problem reoccurs.

Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jnet Jnet is offline

Yes. I checked out
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm and did
everything suggested except deleting the datakey as that didn't seem like it
would fix the problem. Ideas?
--
Jnet

jbuenger wrote:
I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message
"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until I
manually close out of word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the
problem reoccurs.

Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A corrupt data key in the registry can cause crashes, which is why it is
included in the article.