Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Endnotes starting over?

I have Office 2007, and am using Vista.

I want to have sequential endnotes, but ever so often the endnotes start
over again beginning with 1.

I have tried deleting the endnote when it starts at 1, but it still comes in
with a 1 shen it should be 89.

So in my endnote section, I start with serial numbers, and then periodically
the numbers start over again.

How do I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note numbering should only be able to restart at a section break (or
on every page, if you want to have a 19th-century look). Go into the
note formatting panel (wherever they've hidden it in 2007) and mark it
"continue numbering from last section" or however it's worded.