Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Corkie Corkie is offline

Default fields turn dark gray when I try to edit - Help~

Each time I try to edit my resume which was created with Office 97, the feild
area that I am working on turns dark gray and I cannot see what I am doing...
I have downloaded the conversion packs and patches but no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how to fix...
Corkie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't say which version of Word you are using now, but...
a. in Word XP/2003, try Tools-Options-View, then select "Never" under
Show-Field Shading
b. in Word 2007 the equivalent option is under Word-Office Button-Word
Options-Advanced-Show Document Content-Field Shading

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Corkie" wrote in message
Each time I try to edit my resume which was created with Office 97, the
feild
area that I am working on turns dark gray and I cannot see what I am
doing...
I have downloaded the conversion packs and patches but no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how to fix...
Corkie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Corkie Corkie is offline

Hello Peter! I guess mentioning the version of Word that I am now using is
2007. Thank you for your help! I am going to see if it works. I will let you
know! this has been driving me crazy since November 07!
Corkie

"Corkie" wrote in message
Each time I try to edit my resume which was created with Office 97, the
feild
area that I am working on turns dark gray and I cannot see what I am
doing...
I have downloaded the conversion packs and patches but no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how to fix...
Corkie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Corkie Corkie is offline

Hi again Peter... Well, I did what you suggested and it still does not work.
I am so ready to uninstall 07 and re-install my old office...

"Corkie" wrote in message
Each time I try to edit my resume which was created with Office 97, the
feild
area that I am working on turns dark gray and I cannot see what I am
doing...
I have downloaded the conversion packs and patches but no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how to fix...
Corkie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the area in which you are trying to edit the data located in a table, and
have you added the Different First Page or Different Odd and Even buttons to
the Quick Access Toolbar? If so, remove those buttons from the QAT (there
maybe a few others that cause the same problem).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP