Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Will

Default Printed Margins don't match settings ??

On page setup
I have the header and footer set at .35
I have the top and bottom bottom margins set at .75

Question...

1 - For the footer... does .35 mean from the bottom edge of the paper to the
bottom of the footer?

2 - For the bottom margin... does .75 mean from the bottom edge of the paper
to the bottom of the nornal text on the page?

Or does .75 mean the bottom of the normal text is .75 inches above the top
of the footer?

Finally... Is there any way to drag rulers onto the Word screen?

I'm trying to hold a straight edge up to the screen to try and see where
text falls relative to the ruler along the side.

thanks for any help.