Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Carroll Jay Carroll is offline

Default Making Word 2007 default program for opening .doc files

I can't see to set up Word 2007 as my systems default program for opening a
..doc file. I assume its tied to the new file format. But its really
annoying when I open a .doc file off the internet or through an attachment,
and I am being asked to pick a program for Windows to open this file...Pick a
program? Come on...I try to pick winword 2007 but will not allow it. It
doesn't appear in the choices box and when browsing to it, I can select it
but it never works. What is up with that? This is an issue concerning
saving a file in the .doc format. Its about opening a .doc file. I can save
the file to my computer and then open Word 07, click open and select the file
from there, and it works. But if I close it down, and just try to double
click the file at its location, it puts the question to me again about what
program. Please help.