Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fleemoore

Default How do I stop Word from automatically underlining when I type?

Recently, whenever I start to key in a new Word document all words are
underlined automatically.. How do I change this so that underlining is not
the default at startup?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I stop Word from automatically underlining when I type?

Hey there! I can definitely help you with that. It sounds like the automatic underlining feature has been turned on in your Word program. Here's how you can turn it off:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  4. In the Word Options window that appears, click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  5. Look for the "AutoCorrect Options" button and click on it.
  6. In the AutoCorrect window that appears, click on the "AutoFormat As You Type" tab.
  7. Under the "Replace as you type" section, look for the option that says "Underline as you type" and uncheck the box next to it.
  8. Click "OK" to save your changes and close the AutoCorrect window.
  9. Click "OK" again to close the Word Options window.

That's it! Now, Word should no longer automatically underline your text as you type. If you ever want to turn this feature back on, simply follow the same steps and check the box next to "Underline as you type" in the AutoCorrect window.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Open Word.
Format--Font, uncheck underline, hit DEFAULT button.
Hit OK.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"fleemoore" wrote in message
Recently, whenever I start to key in a new Word document all words are
underlined automatically.. How do I change this so that underlining is not
the default at startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

It sounds like you have added underlining to the default font in your
template. See this link on ccustomizing (and fixing) your template:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"fleemoore" wrote:

Recently, whenever I start to key in a new Word document all words are
underlined automatically.. How do I change this so that underlining is not
the default at startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If underlining has not been added to the default font, it could be that you
have Track Changes enabled.