Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noel Noel is offline

Default Unable to change default startup language in Word

Hi,
After installing Office2003, I further installed Chinese text support. Upon
doing that, I am unable to change default language as it is now being set to
Chinese input. Need to click on "CH" icon to "EN" manually at bottom right of
my screen to change input language.

How/Can do I change the default start language in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As a start, go to Tools | Language | Set Language, choose the appropriate
flavor of English, and click the Default button. Beyond that, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm