Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnH JohnH is offline

Default Ask For Filed - Use it in calculations

Word 2007 - I'd like to ask for a field then use it in calculations and then
have the calculated fields sum. For example:

Ask/prompt for - how many emps do you have? answer 5

blue cost 2 * 5 = $10.00
red cost 4 * 5 = $20.00
white cost 3 * 5 = $15.00

Total cost $$45.00

Need to do this in word because I'm going to wrap it around a bounch of text.

I cant figure out how to ask for the emp and/or use it in a calculation.

Hope this isn't a dumb - can't do that - question?

Thanks
John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Insert the following field constructions, using Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair
of field delimiters { }

{ ASK Employees "How many Employees" }

blue cost 2 * { ref Employees } = { = 2 * { ref Employees } \# "$0.00" }

red cost 4 * { ref Employees } = { = 4 * { ref Employees } \# "$0.00" }

white cost 3 * { ref Employees } = { = 3 * { ref Employees } \# "$0.00" }

Total cost= { = (2 + 4 + 3) * { ref Employees } \# "$0.00" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JohnH" wrote in message
Word 2007 - I'd like to ask for a field then use it in calculations and
then
have the calculated fields sum. For example:

Ask/prompt for - how many emps do you have? answer 5

blue cost 2 * 5 = $10.00
red cost 4 * 5 = $20.00
white cost 3 * 5 = $15.00

Total cost $$45.00

Need to do this in word because I'm going to wrap it around a bounch of
text.

I cant figure out how to ask for the emp and/or use it in a calculation.

Hope this isn't a dumb - can't do that - question?

Thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnH JohnH is offline

Thanks much Doug. Just what I needed to know.
Thanks
John