Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Writing Manuels Writing Manuels is offline

Default How do you supress at least 4 pages before page numbering begins?

Help--I want at least 4 blank pages, then two more with text before starting
numbering them. How do you do this in Microsoft Word??????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefano Gatto Stefano Gatto is offline

I think you'll need to create a 2 sections document. The idea is that each
section will have a distinct footer (one without page numbers and the other
with page numbers starting at 1)

1. Navigate to the page where you want start numbering and insert a section
break there (Insert / Break / Next Page).
2. Then choose "View / Header and Footer". Click on the footer. Insert page
number with "Insert / Field / Page".
3. Then uncheck the "Link to previous" toolbar button that is on the "Header
and Footer" toolbar.
4. Still from this footer, choose "Insert / Page Numbers / Format / Start At
/ 1".
5. Then go to the first section of your document and delete the page number
field on the footer there.
--
Stefano Gatto

"Writing Manuels" wrote:

Help--I want at least 4 blank pages, then two more with text before starting
numbering them. How do you do this in Microsoft Word??????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need a section break. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm.

"Writing Manuels" Writing wrote in
message ...
Help--I want at least 4 blank pages, then two more with text before

starting
numbering them. How do you do this in Microsoft Word??????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristoffer Andreas Berg Kristoffer Andreas Berg is offline

At the beginning of a document, insert four page breaks by pressing
Ctrl+Enter four times. Type or paste the text into the next two pages. After
these, select the Insert menu and then click Break. Under Section break
types, select Next page. Click OK. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
The insertion point moves to a dashed frame at the top of the page, and the
Header and Footer toolbar appears. If you want the page numbers at the bottom
of the page, go to the footer (click the Switch Between Header and Footer
toolbar button). Check the Link to Previous toolbar button to see if it is
stuck down (Word 2000 or earlier), or has a blue frame (Word 2002 onwards).
If it is stuck down or is blue, click it. On the Insert menu, click Page
Numbers. Click Format. Under Page numbering, select Start at, and choose 1.
Click OK twice.

--
Kristoffer Andreas Berg
Programmer on a hobby basis