Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dp_nh

Default WORD pop-up messages always present when logging in.

When I login, there is a MS WORD pop-up suggesting "WORD cannot save or
create this file. Disk may full or write-protected." This also happens when
attempting to close a WORD document. It also wants to update the "dot" file.
The OS is WINDOWS-XP. Using OFFICE 97. This only happens to the non
administrative users on this PC. Is there a setting to change, or is there a
registry issue, or what?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZHBfbmg=?=,

When I login, there is a MS WORD pop-up suggesting "WORD cannot save or
create this file. Disk may full or write-protected." This also happens when
attempting to close a WORD document. It also wants to update the "dot" file.
The OS is WINDOWS-XP. Using OFFICE 97. This only happens to the non
administrative users on this PC. Is there a setting to change, or is there a
registry issue, or what?

This sounds like a permissions issue with the Normal.dot template. Word 97 was
never designed to work on a multi-profile machine (it was designed to work with
Windows 95, if you can remember that version!) with various permission sets, so
it takes some finagling. For one thing, it installs only one copy of Normal.dot,
and in a central location.

Since you haven't gotten an answer before now, try asking in the office.setup
newsgroup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org