Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glow Girl Glow Girl is offline

Default Is it possible to copy and paste track changes?

I need to copy and paste text with the track changes in place....when I copy
and paste, the track changes automatically are accepted. What can I do?
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's a trick to this, and I never remember what it is, but Shauna will
tell you; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Glow Girl" Glow wrote in message
I need to copy and paste text with the track changes in place....when I

copy
and paste, the track changes automatically are accepted. What can I do?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

Good Morning

I found a work around in Tech Net Article Article ID : 917636, you basically
close down tracking and then copy it.

Ivan from Canada

"Glow Girl" wrote:

I need to copy and paste text with the track changes in place....when I copy
and paste, the track changes automatically are accepted. What can I do?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kirby2fun kirby2fun is offline

We have found the best way is to save the document, or at least the section
you want, with the track changes and do a file insert into the document you
want to add the changes to. The tracking still appears.

"Glow Girl" wrote:

I need to copy and paste text with the track changes in place....when I copy
and paste, the track changes automatically are accepted. What can I do?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Just in case any other poor sod is wasting hours on this in Word 2007, if the
track changes are in a table, there doesn't seem to be any way of preserving
changes during a paste, even if you paste within the same document. Tried
every permutation of TRK enabled disabled with Smart Paste Options enabled
disabled and Source / Destination formatting. Haven't tried inserting from a
file as quite frankly it's quicker to apply my preferred solution.

The Solution? Get back to Word 2003.

James

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's a trick to this, and I never remember what it is, but Shauna will
tell you; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Glow Girl" Glow wrote in message
I need to copy and paste text with the track changes in place....when I

copy
and paste, the track changes automatically are accepted. What can I do?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tested the workaround suggested in the article that Suzanne linked
to? As far as I can tell, it still works in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's a trick to this, and I never remember what it is, but Shauna will
tell you; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

so
all may benefit.