Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kdzugan

Default Problem with find and replace of paragragh marks

I have a document that came through OCR withe many exta dougle Paragraph or
enter marks (^p). The document is 500 pages. I was selecting a group of
words that formed a paragraph and then did a find and replace with replacing
^p^p with a space. Then I would select replace and it would take out all the
extrta paragraph marks.

One time I accidentally selected replace all and it closed up over 4,000
instances before I got it to stop. I used undo and it worked. However now
when I selected the next paragraph of words and tried to replace ^p^p with a
space it did not work.

I clsed Word and restarted. Still no luck. I did a repair of Word and still
no luck. Other uses of find and replace still work normally. Any
sugesstions. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kdzugan

Problem does not exist. I was pressing the wrong button after selection,
replace instead of replace all.

I will now go and hang my head in shame for a short time.

Problem with function "Find and Replace" in Word. Pat Microsoft Word Help 3 March 16th 05 02:04 PM
Problem with Find and Replace Renjith Microsoft Word Help 2 January 24th 05 09:35 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 06:31 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 06:47 PM
find and replace symbols Tewodaj New Users 8 January 11th 05 03:22 AM