harriet

Default label merge only 1st record is merging-rest of source won't merge

Hi,
Sure hope someone can help me.
When I do the label merge
Only the 1st record merges even though I have 98 more records
Also - the online help says to format the labels you select 'update labels"
and that is suppose to update the format for the rest of the labels.
Where is that "update labels" at.
Thank you very very much,
Harriet

harriet

Hi - GUESS WHAT figured it out, but wanted anyone else having this problem
to know.
1st what I was doing wrong is - when I put my merge fields in I put them in
the 2nd label that had next record. Where you have to put it is in the 1st
blank label.

2nd - about the formatting, well I formated that 1st label where I put the
merge fields, formated it then...

3rd - to get the rest of the merge I hit "propragate (forget how it is
spelled) it is a button on the merge toolbar - that not only got the rest of
the records but also kept the formatting.

So hopw this helps someone. Sure caused me a lot of time (here at work
yeaks!!)