Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
apagano

Default Creating a "picture" field entry box for users of a Word Template?

I created an electronic form for several users using a Word template. It
includes necessary "text" entry boxes and drop down menus for users to make
entries. The users also need to be able to paste in a few photos. I created
a page divided into four frames using a table. I'd like to add a "picture"
entry box to each of the four frames, but I haven't been able to find out
how.

With an unlocked Word page this is snap but with a locked template there
needs to be a means to gain entry to the table frame. Any help would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Insert section breaks above and below the table, then exclude that section
from the forms protection.

"apagano" wrote in message
I created an electronic form for several users using a Word template. It
includes necessary "text" entry boxes and drop down menus for users to
make
entries. The users also need to be able to paste in a few photos. I
created
a page divided into four frames using a table. I'd like to add a
"picture"
entry box to each of the four frames, but I haven't been able to find out
how.

With an unlocked Word page this is snap but with a locked template there
needs to be a means to gain entry to the table frame. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

For another approach, download the form_picture template from
http://jay-freedman.info. It uses a macrobutton field, a macro, and
bookmarks to control how the picture is inserted at a specific
location in the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"apagano" wrote in message
I created an electronic form for several users using a Word template. It
includes necessary "text" entry boxes and drop down menus for users to
make
entries. The users also need to be able to paste in a few photos. I
created
a page divided into four frames using a table. I'd like to add a
"picture"
entry box to each of the four frames, but I haven't been able to find out
how.

With an unlocked Word page this is snap but with a locked template there
needs to be a means to gain entry to the table frame. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
apagano

Default Creating a "picture" field entry box for users of a Word Templ

Thank you very much! This seems like the simplest solution.

"apagano" wrote in message
I created an electronic form for several users using a Word template. It
includes necessary "text" entry boxes and drop down menus for users to
make
entries. The users also need to be able to paste in a few photos. I
created
a page divided into four frames using a table. I'd like to add a
"picture"
entry box to each of the four frames, but I haven't been able to find out
how.

With an unlocked Word page this is snap but with a locked template there
needs to be a means to gain entry to the table frame. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah

I have the exact same issue and want to use this same solution but how do you
exclude this section from the forms protections.

Thank you for the help.

"apagano" wrote in message
I created an electronic form for several users using a Word template. It
includes necessary "text" entry boxes and drop down menus for users to
make
entries. The users also need to be able to paste in a few photos. I
created
a page divided into four frames using a table. I'd like to add a
"picture"
entry box to each of the four frames, but I haven't been able to find out
how.

With an unlocked Word page this is snap but with a locked template there
needs to be a means to gain entry to the table frame. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of clicking the padlock button on the Forms toolbar, go to Tools |
Protect Document. In the ensuing dialog or task pane, choose the sections
you want to protect.

"apagano" wrote in message
I created an electronic form for several users using a Word template.

It
includes necessary "text" entry boxes and drop down menus for users

make
entries. The users also need to be able to paste in a few photos.

created
a page divided into four frames using a table. I'd like to add a
"picture"
entry box to each of the four frames, but I haven't been able to

find out
how.

With an unlocked Word page this is snap but with a locked template

there
needs to be a means to gain entry to the table frame. Any help

would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah

Thank you so much, that is very easy. I have applied the protection to the
document and it works like a charm.

Thanks again