sjenks183

Default Footers/Sections

I have an 8- page document that I have divided into sections because I need
to have different footers on different pages, however pages 6-8 need to have
a footer that says A-1, B-1, C-1. When I go to page 6 and use the page
numbering icon on the header/footer toolbar and then change the format to
A,B,C...and at the bottom of the box I select start numbering using letter A,
it always starts at B....how can I get it to start at A and then B and so on?

Thanks.
Stefan Blom

With the cursor in the section whose page numbering displays an even
number (B), do the following: On the File menu, click Page Setup.
Click the Layout tab. Make sure that "Section start" is set to "Next
page" rather than "Even page". Click OK. Does this make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP